Music Team 4/25

Simon: This week I coded some new shapes into the virtual environment and worked on different ways to change the colors and shapes. I also investigated some ways to use OpenAL in our program.

Tim: This week I have been trying to find a way to export data from a spectrogram of the song into a CSV. However I haven’t been able to find anything on the currentprogram that I am using. I tried unsuccessfully to find another program for the job. Next week I plan on finding more information about sonic visualizer and other
music analyzation software.

Chelsi: Chelsi is gone this week but is researching what type of sound system to get for our experiment. She also got some good background footage to use and is getting more this week.

Accomplishments this week: This week we implemented some more prototype environments and did color testing. Additionally, we tested some more music analysis features and decided on how we want to play recorded video in the environment.

Problems: The methods we have found for music analysis so far don’t really work. We still need to find a good program to use.

Schedule: We are behind schedule because the music features have yet to be implemented. All the other major parts of our program are mostly working.

Next week: Implement recorded video and some form of music analysis.