The Jasper: Week 3 Update

4/20/2013

Hi! I finished the materials of restaurant. I also did some animations of ghosts. We also have put all our models in one file. We are going to finish some details in the future.

Scaring Restaurant:

Ghosts animations:

I will export them as FBX and test them in CAVE next week. I hope them works and we can put them everywhere in our project.

The link:

001~1      002~1     003~1     004~1     005~1

The ghost preview:

Update from Natalie:

This past week I worked on messing up my model to make it less perfect and more cluttered and messy.  Jerry C just showed me how to create a wall paper texture in photoshop to add some dirt and blood to the walls, so that will be the last thing to add for upstairs to make it more spooky.  I have also modeled a door, shower curtain, and dresser so that Jerry H can begin to play with that animated programing.

Here are some pictures of the upstairs…

Updates from Jerry H:

• With help from Kevin the instructor I’m getting the foundation of the code settled. Much of our interactive objects will be inherited from the UW in-house lel_common code.
  • I’ve created a door object that will open and close upon interaction. A finding that is relevant for modeling interactive objects:
    • Parts that are moving must be its own component. For example, the actual door must be separated from the door frame and the hinge.
    • Where the moving part is within the component itself is very important. Specifically, if the object is rotating, the rotating axis/point must be (0,0,0) within the component. For example, the point where a door rotates on should be (0,0,0) within the component.
  • We have also checked that FBX animation files should work very well in the CAVE.

Updates from Hasti:

• I’ve finished the modelling and details of the lobby.

• I am working on modeling the outside of the Jasper and landscape design. I’ve built a  cemetery in the back side of the building (image below):

• I am also working on the exterior design of the Hotel and I hope to finish it by Thursday.
  • I found the 3D animated model of a spider that I think it would be interesting to add it in our haunted hotel.
    (http://www.turbosquid.com/)

– Here are the 3D models of the spider:

– I’ve also rendered this animation (the link below):

spider