Leap Motion Integration

Sorry for the late update this week. Exams and projects have preoccupied my time primarily.

Last week I was able to get the skeletal viewer code for the leap motion put into the worldbuilder application. This actually was a pretty painless process except now I the leap motion is not drawing the hand. I’ll be working on getting this problem resolved hopefully today or this weekend.

After that bug is fixed, I will work on getting gesture movements implemented like how I explained in my last post.

Since I dont have a picture or video to provide this week heres a link of some cool leap motions apps that just came out recently:

http://blog.leapmotion.com/post/81491756746/vimeo-at-your-fingertips-4-more-new-apps

Update: Right now it seems that the leap motion and the Zspace dont get along. When I unplug the zspace the leap motion goes into the onFrame function (a function that is called every frame). Currently working on resolving this strange bug.

Update: Its working! Just had to plug the usb for the zspace into a different port. now the worldbuilder with leap motion integration are completely independent from the skeletalviewer!

photo_working

This entry was posted in 3D space Exploration by klmitchell2. Bookmark the permalink.

About klmitchell2

Kevin Mitchell is an undergraduate at UW-Madison studying Computer Science. He is currently working on a project integrating a Leap Motion controller with a ZSpace screen. He expects this to increase the users ability to manipulate an object in 3d space. During his free time Kevin enjoys exploring everything that has to do with web development. He is hoping to find a career that will both fit his love for technology and design.