Finished Science Fest Demo

This week I finished the Science Fest demo. I added some more coins/trees, added some point lights and particle systems to the tunnel on the right side, added some point lights to the ring of fire, remade the reset button, and added a skybox to the scene. Also, Markus made some cool changes to the terrain by adding hills and optimizing the trees to allow for more to be rendered at a time.

Here are some screenshots of the Science Fest demo from the version on my laptop:003 001 002

For next week, I will resume working on the holiday ski slope demo. One thing I will look into is converting the larger mountain model into a single terrain object for more effective tree placement and more realistic surfaces. After going through the Science Fest demo, multiple terrain objects cause weird things to happen to the physics calculations, so it needs to be one object for the terrain. This might not be possible given potential maximum dimensions to the terrain objects, but I will investigate this for next week. Also I will make the models for the jumps separate from the terrain so that they can be more dynamically placed.

This entry was posted in Ski Slope Simulator by csuplinski. Bookmark the permalink.

About csuplinski

I am a fourth-year student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison studying Computer Science, Astronomy-Physics, and Statistics. I currently work at the Space Science Data Center of the Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences Building where I work on different web pages and computer programming projects.