Working on Holiday Demo – Global Snow, Medal System, and Moving Penguins

This week I added moving penguins to the hill that walk around and collide with the user and a medal system for when the user collects coins. I also made a light post model, made some christmas lights for the tunnels, and added gumdrops to the candy cane forest. I added some fog to the demo to make the trees rendering in the distance less noticable. After the first jump on the hill, I added another jump with more hoops to jump through. I also got the snow to appear globally now. I just made 3 different particle systems at different vertical coordinates with respect to the user, that way the user cannot ski out of the snow (as easily) when going downhill.

Here are some screenshots:

002 003 001

For next week, I will look at trying to wrap up the project. I will finish adding coins and obstacles throughout the hill and make boundaries to the hill to prevent the user or penguins from wandering off. I might also look into making better house models for the bottom of the hill if I have time.

This entry was posted in Ski Slope Simulator by csuplinski. Bookmark the permalink.

About csuplinski

I am a fourth-year student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison studying Computer Science, Astronomy-Physics, and Statistics. I currently work at the Space Science Data Center of the Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences Building where I work on different web pages and computer programming projects.