2/15/2015 TEB Update

What I accomplished this week

Testing, Observations, and Problems from Initial Bootup

This week, I powered up the board for the first time and I got mixed results. There was no magic smoke like last time and I didn’t fry any components, however, the MCU to go into shutdown mode.  There is something else very strange that is going on.  When the power switch is turned off, the LEDs are very weakly illuminated and the microcontroller power LED is off.  When the push buttons are pressed, the LEDs turn off and the power LED of the MCU turns on.

When the power switch is turned, there is no response from any of the components on the board.

Next Week’s Work

Next week, I’m going take another closer look at my schematics and PCB design to see if I can identify the problem. Once I identify the problem, I will make the necessary hardware changes to ensure proper function and will update my PCB and schematic accordingly.

Note: Below are images of the electrical schematic, PCB design, and the current prototype

1_30_2015 Schematic

1_30_2015 PCB2

This entry was posted in TEB- A thermoelectric bracelet to improve personal thermal comfort by sylvestre. Bookmark the permalink.

About sylvestre

My name is Jason Sylvestre and I am currently a freshman studying Electrical Engineering here at UW-Madison.  While in high school, I was very involved in search and rescue robotics research and competed at the Intel Science and Engineering Fair where I received a third place medal out of nearly 1800 students from over 70 different countries.  This passion I developed for circuitry and EE brought me to the Living Environments Laboratory where I will be working under the supervision of Professor Kevin Ponto to build a thermoelectric bracelet that can be used for personal thermal comfort.