DS999 Week 7 (Exploring Web-Based AR)

Weekly accomplishments
Over Spring Break, I was able to get more testing done with a working prototype, from creating an animated 3D model to making it accessible via a link. The idea I decided to move forward with is “tabletop AR experiences to inspire creativity” to focus on the study areas where students normally spend time in the WID building.

This is an example of how it would work and the first prototype I created, it works best when printed out and viewed flat on a table.

This is a screenshot of what it looks like:

Challenges
The challenges so far last week have been determining the scope of what’s realistic to achieve in the timeframe of this project, but I think I found a good balance of what will be feasible and will fulfill the desired accessibility needs.

Future Work
The rest of this week will be used to focus on the aesthetics of the models, and fine tuning the materials and lighting of the models since the first prototype is fairly rough. I would like each study area to have a variety of experiences so the students can get the feeling of exploration and discovery while viewing the works.