Added Simple Mountain Model

This week, I created a simple mountain model with one jump and added it to the unity project. The sphere seems to respond correctly to the terrain. At first, when the sphere was rolling really fast, it would go through the terrain on perpendicular (or near perpendicular) collisions and fall into the abyss. I think the high speeds were causing the glitch, so I slowed the sphere down and made the terrain thicker. It hasn’t had any problems since then, so hopefully that won’t be an issue in the future. I also changed the lighting color, but that was just to make it a little easier to look at. Sam and I also went through the project and got it added to the Cave Shared directory.

Here are some screenshots of the current state of the game:

unityScreenshot unityScreenshot2

For next week, I am going to try to make a more complex mountain model as this one was just a test model. I will hopefully add in trees, more jumps, and obstacles to make the game more entertaining. And I will have something at the bottom of the hill to stop the user from flying off the edge.

This entry was posted in Ski Slope Simulator by csuplinski. Bookmark the permalink.

About csuplinski

I am a fourth-year student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison studying Computer Science, Astronomy-Physics, and Statistics. I currently work at the Space Science Data Center of the Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences Building where I work on different web pages and computer programming projects.