More Additions to Mountain

This week I added some models and made the mountain about four times bigger. Some of the things I added are a few trees, coins, flags, a smaller jump, a tunnel to ski through, and a barrier at the bottom of the hill to stop the user. I also added snow, a reset button, some temporary textures, and set a terminal velocity so the user doesn’t go flying through obstacles and coins. The sphere was also made bigger to help the user pick up coins. I chose to delay making the side boundaries for the hill because making those will make modeling the obstacles in the middle of the mountain more difficult. So that will be one of the things I do last.

Here are some screenshots of the current state of the game:

unityScreenshot1 unityScreenshot2

Right now, there is plenty of room to add more obstacles, so that is what I will focus on for next week. Some of the things I could add for next week are more trees/jumps/flags, possibly an underground tunnel, maybe a hoop to jump through, and other obstacles as I think of them. Also, I will look into placing skis where the sphere currently is, that way the user knows where to stand while trying to ski down the mountain.

This entry was posted in Ski Slope Simulator by csuplinski. Bookmark the permalink.

About csuplinski

I am a fourth-year student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison studying Computer Science, Astronomy-Physics, and Statistics. I currently work at the Space Science Data Center of the Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences Building where I work on different web pages and computer programming projects.