New Terrain for Holiday Demo

This week I made a new terrain object for the Holiday Demo. The new terrain is one 10000×10000 terrain object. I’m not sure why the terrain suddenly started allowing larger dimensions, but it seems to work so far. I made boundary mountains and the full-scale ski slope directly out of the terrain object. Also I added some tree objects to the terrain (trees and giant candy canes).

Here are some screenshots of the new terrain:

002 003 001

For next week, I will look into getting the tree impostors to look more realistic and adding some jumps and obstacles to the terrain. Right now, the impostors look quite different when they go from impostor to full model. I think it is an issue with the lighting, so I will look into the shaders a bit this upcoming week. Also, I hope to add collision detection to the trees as you can pass through them right now.

This entry was posted in Ski Slope Simulator by csuplinski. Bookmark the permalink.

About csuplinski

I am a fourth-year student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison studying Computer Science, Astronomy-Physics, and Statistics. I currently work at the Space Science Data Center of the Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences Building where I work on different web pages and computer programming projects.