3/17/2015 TEB Update

What I accomplished this week

I spent this week testing and debugging my code. Unfortunately, I didn’t get as much as done as I would’ve liked to due to midterms.  I was able to manage to integrate the external interrupts into my code so now when I press  Pb+, it adds 1 to the counter and when I press Pb-, it subtracts 1. The processor determines the pulse frequency of the thermoelectric module depending on the value of the counter.  An issue I ran into was that the buttons were too responsive so when I pressed the pushbutton once, the processor registered it as me pressing it several times. To solve this, I need to add millis() to my code to delay it.

Next week’s work

It’s going to be a very busy three weeks leading up to the Undergraduate Research Symposium on April 16. Once I finish coding this I still need to perform a user study to get some test data from several human subjects in a controlled environment.  Next week, I would like to get my code working and write up a description of the details of the tests.

This entry was posted in TEB- A thermoelectric bracelet to improve personal thermal comfort by sylvestre. Bookmark the permalink.

About sylvestre

My name is Jason Sylvestre and I am currently a freshman studying Electrical Engineering here at UW-Madison.  While in high school, I was very involved in search and rescue robotics research and competed at the Intel Science and Engineering Fair where I received a third place medal out of nearly 1800 students from over 70 different countries.  This passion I developed for circuitry and EE brought me to the Living Environments Laboratory where I will be working under the supervision of Professor Kevin Ponto to build a thermoelectric bracelet that can be used for personal thermal comfort.