What I did:
This is week was not as productive as I had hoped, but I did make some progress:
- I dyed the rest of my roving
- I finished felting all of the fabric
- I started draping the gown
- I soldered the 26 resistor chips to sew into the gown and the shield to attach to the Arduino
- I completed the Arduino program, including the sensor
Setbacks and successes:
- I lumped these two together, since they involve the same process. I had made great strides on my program (thanks, Nathan!)….until my computer crashed and I lost it all. Fortunately, Kevin was able to help me cobble my data back together fairly quickly.
- Sewing, sewing, sewing! I anticipate having the gown sewn up tonight and then will spend the rest of the week sewing in LEDs.
- I’ve decided that the flex sensor I have would be best for my needs. I plan on sewing it into the underarm of the gown in order to respond to the raising of the wearer’s arm. I need to take some data off the sensor and apply it to my program.