Category Archives: Links
Links from class presentations
Light Programming Microcontrollers
Quantum Tunnelling Composite
eTextile fashion show!
Check out this cool fashion show full of programmed LED’s!
Final Project Presentations!
For Friday, please prepare a 5-minute (or more!) presentation on your final project. This should be in powerpoint, keynote, or similar format. Use a flash drive, dropbox, or laptop to present.
* 5-10 slides
* Include inspiration images/artists/designers/projects that are relevant to your idea.
* Include digital or scanned sketches of your project- if your design alters as part of the goal, please show the change concepts.
* Include a bulleted list of the steps of your process
* Include a bulleted list of the materials/tools you’ll use/need (this is a great way to find out if your classmates have resources you can tap into)
* Include a blurb on hypothetical/ideal production costs and quantities (if this is intended as a unique piece, please discuss where you see your piece fitting into the design world- i.e. couture, designer, off the rack, runway, art, performance, etc.)
* a list of ideas/concepts that you will need to master for completion.
* Include a fallback plan- what can you do to recover your project if it doesn’t go as planned?
* Include a loose calendar or schedule of when you’d like to be where in the process.
BRING THE ENERGY!
2014 New Arts Venture Challenge
Could be interesting for students in this class.
Outdated wearable tech infographic!
inspiration for final project
More class links
Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting Power Supply
Swimming kick starter
Some links from class today
Example Project- Earthquake Skirt
This student project pulls earthquake data from the US Geological Service to make a skirt “rumble” in response to real-time earthquakes. Erin Lewis programmed this using arduino.
Her blog post breaking down her idea is here:
Her website with other projects is here:
A video of a knit canoe that uses fiber optics to display real-time wind patterns on Lake Ontario is here: