All posts by jfrantal
Poster Size & Printing Options
For the overall size of your poster, we recommend 18″ x 24″.
If you’d like to print your posters at College Library next Friday, I’ll be working in the DesignLab on the second floor. Printing costs (I believe) are around $3.80 a square foot.
Awesome article on Wearable Tech
Looks like we’re getting close to being able to solve the power issue with wearables!
Upcoming Tech Jewelry Brand
I thought some of this looked very interesting and relevant to some of your projects. It’s nice to see devices that look like regular jewelry!
FINAL Project Pitch (Due 10/28)
For Tuesday, 10/28, please prepare a 5-minute (or more!) presentation on your final project. This should be in powerpoint, keynote, or similar format. Use a flash drive, dropbox, or laptop to present.
* 5-10 slides
* Include inspiration images/artists/designers/projects that are relevant to your idea.
* Include digital or scanned sketches of your project- if your design alters as part of the goal, please show the change concepts.
* Include a bulleted list of the steps of your process
* Include a bulleted list of the materials/tools you’ll use/need (this is a great way to find out if your classmates have resources you can tap into)
* Include a blurb on hypothetical/ideal production costs and quantities (if this is intended as a unique piece, please discuss where you see your piece fitting into the design world- i.e. couture, designer, off the rack, runway, art, performance, etc.)
* a list of ideas/concepts that you will need to master for completion.
* Include a fallback plan- what can you do to recover your project if it doesn’t go as planned?
* Include a loose calendar or schedule of when you’d like to be where in the process.
Microcontroller keyboard option?
A deeper dive into Intel’s “Synapse” dress
Some cool wearable stuff
Dress with wind-reactive color changing ink:
The new Intel Edison wearable technology platform: