12/8 Moral Coders Group Posting

What each individual in the group worked on over the last week

• Caroline – I continued to work on the road and landscape for the week.  I started to work on the code for the opening view and drive through of the scenery before
  • Tony – I worked on using the HTC Vive controls.
  • Frank – I worked on adding people to the simulation.
  • Galen – I cleaned up scripts for the car control making the driving look more realistic.

A description of the accomplishments made

• Caroline – I made the final completions for the landscape.  
  • Tony – I used existing project and incorporated the HTC Vive controls with button triggers to change variables in the project.
  • Frank – I got a man in a blue suit to t-pose in our environment, and ragdoll when a car collides with it.

A description of the problems encountered

• Caroline – One problem was just everything taking longer than usual.  My computer is not a fan of Unity so I had a few times when it would freeze for 15 minutes on end and then sometimes it would take forever to load certain actions.  This has especially been a problem with creating the beginning scene because the script takes so long to load that it times out.  I am trying to figure out if there is something in the project that is causing the program to work so slowly/not at all or if it’s just my computer.  
  • Tony – We used a class called Path for a car trajectory and Steam VR plugin for the HTC Vive controls. Because the plugin has also a class named Path, it resulted in conflicts and I had to rename one class.
  • Frank – The “ragdolling” effect required a ‘dead replacement’ technique, which was somewhat involved to implement, and the final product occasionally yields graphical glitches, most likely due to how the ragdolling wizard maps relationships between the colliders of different preset body parts, which did not map up 1:1 with the body parts of the asset.
  • Galen – My computer is becoming increasingly inadequate for development with Unity as the size of our project grows, I need access to a computer that’s more powerful for longer periods of time then what is available in the lab.

Plans for the upcoming week

• This weekend we will get together to put all of our different pieces and achievements together and troubleshoot any problems that we come across.  Once we have the project finished and tested in the HTC Vive we can see if there is any last minute ideas that we want to incorporate.  We will make our video/demo for our presentation on Tuesday and plan out everything we want to present.  

At least one piece of media related to your work

• https://i.ytimg.com/vi/h9IJHZgkcME/maxresdefault.jpg

screen-shot-2016-12-07-at-10-32-28-pm screen-shot-2016-12-07-at-10-34-04-pm