For class 11/15/16
Post Comments by 11:59 pm on 11/13/16
This week we will read two articles examining decision making in VR.
A method for generating an illusion of backwards time travel using immersive virtual reality—an exploratory study
Doron Friedman, Rodrigo Pizarro, Keren Or-Berkers, Solène Neyret, Xueni Pan, and Mel Slater
Personality differences predict decision-making in an accident situation in virtual driving
Uijong Ju ; June Kang ; Christian Wallraven
or on box at
As opposed to having dedicated questions, we will leave your response to your own discretion. However be sure that you have a minimum of 6 paragraphs. If you are looking for topics to respond to you, you may think about commenting on:
- Do you believe that these studies are useful and informative or are purely an academic exercise?
- Do you believe that these studies are ethical?
- What are the benefits of creating situations which could be traumatic for participants?
- What are the dangers of this type of research?
- Do the researchers findings support their research questions and objectives?
- How would you improve upon the studies that are presented?
- If you were to sit down with the authors of these papers, what questions would you like to ask them