Weekly Update #1

1. An image or video (this could either be photograph of the current state of your work, a sketch, a diagram, etc)

This is a sketch of how the buttons will be arranged and the wiring that we figured out in order to limit the number of pins needed on the board.

Wearable Tech Final Project Sketch

2. A Listing of accomplishments made by all group members for the previous week

After discussing the needs/wants of Tiffany and her son we really solidified a design that we believe will fulfill what they desire from this product.  I figured out a physical design for the project and along with help from Michael and Sam we figured out how we plan to get all the keys wired while limiting the number of pins we need on our board.  I also received a sewing tutorial which will be very helpful for the physical construction of the arm band in future weeks.

3. A description of problems encountered and outstanding issues (highlight anything that you are looking for help on)

A difficulty that arose was the size constraint of Tiffany’s son’s arm.  This caused some design issues as well as issues with the board that we have purchased.  We believe we have figured out these problems and have come up with a design that should resolve the issue of the limited amount of space.

A plan for the next week of work

This coming week the conductive ink should be in and I will be doing some test runs with it in order to figure out how to make the connections and what works best for making these connections.  I will also be designing the buttons that will be screen printed and potentially burn this into my screen so I can begin screen printing.