Final Project Post

Capture

My project is a wearable weightlifting tracker, which collects data during resistance training and displays qualities of your lifts, such as velocity and power.

I am slightly disappointed with the function of my sleeve. It doesn’t work as consistently as I had hoped. However, I am pretty happy with how it looks, sleek and clean, with all the components hidden.

The project fell well short of my original goals. It was quickly obvious to me that integrating the FocusMotion SDK to identify a bunch of different exercises was going to be too complicated, and doing this data analysis on my own would have been even more difficult.

The biggest hurdles that I overcome were: getting all the right libraries installed for theĀ IMU, soldering the connections between the lilypad and the IMU, and sewing together the final design. One challenge that I don’t think I ever really overcame, was processing the data. The numbers produced were still not exactly what I wanted them to be.

If I had more time, I would do more research into signal processing techniques, and work on getting consistent results from the device. I would also look to capture an entire set of multiple reps, rather than just 1 rep. 20160319_135632900_iOS20160418_010148718_iOS20160421_165601962_iOS_MomentWIN_20160410_20_29_08_Pro (2)_Moment