For class 10/27/15
Post Comments by 11:59 pm on 10/25/15
Towards Virtual Reality for the Masses: 10 Years of Research at Disney’s VR Studio
Serious games continuum: Between games for purpose and experiential environments for purpose
or on box at
Discussion Article 1 (write a paragraph for each)
- For the listed systems choose three design decisions that you thought were wise. Describe what issues you thought these decisions addressed.
- For the listed systems choose three design decisions that you thought werestrange or misguided. Describe you issues with the choices and what other approaches you think they could have taken.
- What jumped out to you from this paper? This could be something you found interesting or curious.
Discussion Article 2 (Pick 3)
- Do you agree with the author’s definition of serious games (p 63)? Do you agree with the continuum on Figure 1? Can something be a game and have no gaming characteristics for experience?
- Choose one of the examples listed in section 3.x. Find and list a video or external reference for the example. Discuss how you would position this example on the continuum.
- Do you agree with the author’s discussion point that serious gaming is a form of cost-effective VR? Do you think all of VR could be considered a form of serious gaming?
- Define and discuss the term ‘games’. Discuss how your definition agrees or contradicts this article
- You may find a term or topic that you are unfamiliar with. If you would like to, do a little research on the subject (wikipedia would be a good place to start). Briefly describe your understanding of this concept and how confident you are about this understanding.