Weekly Update 5

1. Image

WT weekly update 5

2. A Listing of accomplishments made by all group members for the previous week

Sam and Michael both worked on the app had did some formatting so that it looks better and is easier for the user to use.  They also figured out how to get the key remapping aspect of the app working which they were struggling with last week.  I finished my second attempt at burning the buttons into my screen.  This attempt worked better and I was able to move forward with screen printing the buttons with the conductive ink.  I also cut out the fabric and began assembly of the arm band.

3. A description of problems encountered and outstanding issues (highlight anything that you are looking for help on)

Sam and Michael experienced some problems in regards to the app.  They struggled to get the app to work on Sam’s phone as well as to get the bluetooth to work.  They believe with more time they will be able to remedy these problems.  I had some problems with the screen printing due to the small scale of the buttons and the limited fineness the screen printing is able to accomplish.  We believe that I got a workable attempt that we can move forward with.  I also struggled with figuring out the best way to sew together the components but with Marianne’s help I think we have that figured out now too.

4. A plan for the next week of work

This coming week Michael and Sam will continue working on the app and figuring out the bluetooth component of the project.  I will hopefully begin wiring the arm band and conductive buttons with the conductive thread and continue sewing the arm band together.