Up till now almost all features have been completed except for pressure sensitivity.
I used arduino nano as my micro controller and two pressure sensors placed at the
front and at the back of the insole. A 9V battery was used to power the hardware.
- Not enough space to embed the electronics in the insole
- Lack of good and cheap alternatives for supplying power
- Limited budget, so couldn’t purchase more sensors.
- Carving out the insole was difficult. The material is hard to work with
- Reliability issues with arduino nano (a known issue, that I should have known before purchasing it !!)
- Was able to get the device working
- Was able to fit all the hardware in the insole and hide it using a black fabric
- Even after modifications the design is relatively sleek and comfortable