Final Project Post

DSC02706DSC02708DSC02707DSC02986DSC02182Screen Shot 2016-05-08 at 9.43.09 PM

Photography by Elizabeth Wadium

Poster Link: https://uwmadison.box.com/s/vmvozgcqwt2w41zut91548gd8sxk0yio

1. Describe what your project does and how it works
  • My project is a conceptual dress that lights up to sound.  It is a wearable art piece demonstrating the visual representation of sound waves through its design.  The Electroluminescent wire is hooked up to a sound sensor that is programmed to blink three times every time it hears sound over a certain amplitude.  The dress is hand patterned, hand sewn, hand dyed, custom screenprinted, and the EL wire is hand stitched.

3. What are your overall feelings on your project? Are you pleased, disappointed, etc.?

• I am pretty happy that my electronics work especially since it had to walk down the runway three times in one day.  It worked every time! That’s pretty awesome.  I would definitely like to write more challenging code and add more EL wire for an added challenge later, which is totally possible.

4. How well did your project meet your original project description and goals?

• I think for the most part my project is exactly what I described in my original project description, just a little more thought out and my thoughts fully organized.  I think my inspiration and concept is even clearer and understandable now.

5. What were the largest hurdles you encountered?  How did you overcome these challenges?

• The biggest challenges were unexpected fit issues with the garment and issues with hooking up the electronics.  I worked with classmates and Kevin to work through the tech issues.  Sam S. was very helpful in solving some of my problems.

6.  If you had more time, what would you do next?

• Like I said above, I would add more difficult code and more EL wire.  The technology is quite simple so I would like to make it more complicated.