Weekly Update #3

There wasn’t a lot of progress this week due to another class having a major Project due but I am very confident in the work that was done.

The engines were attached to the light ring that will reflect off the newly sculpted clear fan blades. Even if the fan blades don’t catch all of the light output, it should still make a nice effect.

20160404_193946

Progress on the hands and fingers is stalled as I left my key light components at the classroom needed so i can finish them so I will be working on them this up coming week.

Each piece Is now prepped for Painting and once that is dry, I will affix all the lights and wires to each piece. I still have yet to figure out a best plan of action for connecting all the pieces wire wise and yet still make it removable/flexible.

The chest pieces have finally finished their light soldering which was the major time consuming part of this project. Once they are painted I will attach all the light strips to them so they shine through my over shirt. I am also experimenting on plastic pieces that will be “frosted” to diffuse the light more than the led strip does.

This week I plan to finish painting the pieces and prepare all the wiring and led Stripping for application. I will also finish building the hands and fingers such that they can house the Flex sensor and more LEDs. By this weekend I should be able to begin the strapping process to make sure everything fits on my body.

I feel that where I am in the project is at about 70-75% completion. Most of whats left is painting, wiring and then attaching them to a body suit/making them attachable. After that it will just be slight coding fixes so that i can have multiple “threads” running for all the events happening through the bodysuit. Not much has changed from the original plans thus far.